I got a call. I got a call!! Mary Kathryn returned my phone call in almost 2 hours on Tuesday. I’m stunned, bumfuzzled, blown away, shocked, and totally pumped. I called to ask about my birth control pills. You have to be on them to a certain date in order for your ovaries to remain suppressed. Well, I took the last active pill on Monday night, and I needed to know what to do next. And, she called me back!
Todd went over yesterday and picked-up our packet of information. We have dates set.
· November 6 – suppression check – They will check to make sure my ovaries look ready for the cycle. If everything looks okay, they’ll run blood work on Todd and me and order my shots.
· November 10 – begin hormone stimulation shots
· November 14, 16, & 18 – ultrasounds and blood tests
· November 20 – egg (oocyte is the proper term) retrieval
· November 20 – begin progesterone injections – Yikes! This is the shot that after a few weeks becomes very painful. <sigh>
· November 25 – embryo transfer
· November 25-27 – bed rest – Feel free to call or text. I’ll be bored and uncomfortable.
· December 5 – pregnancy (beta is the proper term) test
After I got off the phone with her on Tuesday, I scheduled 4 massages with my favorite masseuse, Shaunda, within 10 days. I think that should get me through from the start of the shots to the retrieval. J I’m so excited and anxious. I’m really thinking of taking up yoga and meditation. I said I would last cycle, but it didn’t end up happening. I just did the massages. Hmmm, decisions. J
I probably won't post again until after our trip. Hope everyone has a great week.