Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What I Need to Hear, What I Need to Say

I recently told a friend that I was sorry it was so hard to love me right now.  She quickly replied that it wasn’t hard to love me, it was just hard to know how to love me.  That couldn’t be more true. 

For the last 2 months, I haven’t known what I wanted to hear from people or what I wanted people to do to help me.  It’s a frustrating situation in which to be.  So, for everyone that has been looking for what they could do or say to make me feel better about our situation and this miscarriage, just know that I can’t even tell you what that is.  As our therapist said to us, pain isn’t logical.

For those that are reaching out and trying, it helps.  I can’t thank you enough.  Snail mail, phone calls, texts, and emails that are full of words of encouragement are appreciated more than I can say.

On a similar note, I received this blog entry in my email this morning from Chelsea at Starbucks, Peace, and the Pursuit of a Baby.  I thought it was an excellent representation of things I would like to say. 


Thank you for continuing to love me even when it was hard to know how.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing and linking up Laura! I am sending you big hugs. Pain ISN'T logical and that fact doesn't make it less real or felt. I think what your friend was able to express to you was beautiful - that she didn't know how to love you in the ways you need. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement and understanding, Chelsea! It's nice to find blog entries like yours that remind me that I'm not alone in all of this. *Hugs*

      Delete
  2. This is so true!!!! I think about my bro and SIL all the time, but don't know how to show them love! Thanks for the reminder that it's the little things that help - snail mail, etc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Caroline, knowing how to love someone when they are in the midst of despair can be so hard. I bet they wouldn't know how to tell you what they want, either. I know you're good at finding ways to show you care, though. You've been a bright light for me through all of this! Love you, girl!!

      Delete