Over the next 2 weeks, we have consultations with 3 new reproductive endocrinologists in Tulsa, Dallas, and St. Louis/Columbia, Missouri. I’m excited and anxious and just ready to get to February 1, so we can discuss how we feel about our future with IVF. We are not set on switching doctors, but we have to consider it. Dr. Bundren cannot even see me for a follow-up consultation until February 25. Plus, his staff did not fax my file to the doctor we are meeting on Monday, despite their promise to do just that. I’m hoping to have a better feeling about another doctor by the time he can see me. Fingers are crossed.
Also, after we have our IVF plan nailed down (or have finalized our decision to move past IVF), we will begin looking into the adoption process. We have several friends who have offered to share with us the information they have from researching or actually adopting. If we decide to go through with another IVF cycle, we are hoping to have an agency/attorney picked for adoption before we start our cycle. That way, we will have a back-up plan ready to go once the IVF has finished, if necessary. This is the first time we will have a back-up plan in place when we do an IVF cycle. Maybe it will remove some of the pressure.
Our last option is to leave all of this behind and move on with our lives as parents to Kaleb, Taylor, and Kamie only. I doubt that we will be follow that route at this time, but it’s still an option.
Please, keep us in your thoughts as we make this big decision over the next few weeks. It could be the decision that gives us a biological child or not.