Thursday, November 6, 2014

No Shave November No More

Last night, Todd and I were at our LifeGroup for stepfamilies.  One of the ladies started talking about our infertility journey.  She said that after the third cycle failed, she couldn’t pray for nearly three days because she was so upset that God was withholding a child from us.  She is not the type of person to get upset like that with God.  She has gone through a lot more heartache in her adult life than most people that I know, and she has always turned to Him for solace.  However, for some reason, our issue had gotten into the depths of her soul and changed something.  It was a very emotional moment for everyone in the room.

It made me realize, though, that I don’t feel sorry for myself anymore…most of the time.  I think I am still growing, so I still have moments that I wish God would just grant us our wishes and move on.  However, deep down, I realize that He is using me for something bigger.  I think that connecting with some of the people that I have over the last 2 years of this journey is one of those opportunities He has granted.  I am so very grateful for all of the people that are coming into my life…especially this woman that is moved to feel such sorrow from our story.
This happened to be one of the Bible verses we were studying last night in our completely unrelated marriage book:
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.  ~James 1:2-8

This morning, when I awoke, another woman that was in attendance last night has sent me this verse that I thought was awesome, as well:
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.  2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?  3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.  ~John 9:1-3

There isn’t much of a cycle update.  I still have no idea how many follicles I have growing, and it’s been officially 6 days since I could have looked.  As I told several people, the number and size of follicles does not tell you if this cycle will be successful.  There are cases where the follicles, eggs, sperm, and embryos were perfect, and it did not result in a pregnancy.  There are also cases where each step did not bring stellar results, and a perfectly healthy child was born.  God is in control of this cycle…not me, not Todd, and not Dr. McKinney.  I’m enjoying this part of the cycle much more than ever before.  I don’t even know what information Todd does or doesn’t know.  We just don’t talk about it.  God is good all the time.

As for shots, we added Ganirelix to the mix yesterday morning.  This shot is already in a pre-filled glass syringe, which makes it feel a little fancy when you’re doing the shot, if you ask me.  It has a very strange needle on it, though.  Maybe it’s a different size, but I haven’t looked.  The needle definitely does not insert as easily as most of the others.  However, it’s survivable (because they all are when you’re choosing this path). 

I am definitely itching and bruising, though.  I used the bruises around my belly button to make a smiley face for my friend, Ashleigh’s birthday on Tuesday.  We have officially adopted Cletus (that’s what we named the face) into our home.  You will not be meeting him, though.  He may be very silly, but he’s surprisingly shy.

Also last night, before we started our group discussion, we were visiting with everyone. They were asking for updates on the current cycle, and Todd informed them that he would be undergoing the epididymal aspiration, again. He followed that up with, “There goes my ‘No Shave November.’” Get it?! Too much information? I’m still laughing, so just forgive me for sharing. 

No other news for now. I hope everyone is having a blessed week!


Shot Clock:
1.       Tuesday morning, October 28 – 300 units of Follistim
2.       Tuesday evening, October 28 – 300 units of Follistim
3.       Wednesday morning, October 29 – 300 units of Follistim
4.       Wednesday evening, October 29 – 300 units of Follistim
5.       Thursday morning, October 30 – 300 units of Follistim
6.       Thursday evening, October 30 – 300 units of Follistim
7.       Friday morning, October 31 – 300 units of Follistim
8.       Friday evening, October 31 – 300 units of Follistim
9.       Saturday morning, November 1 – 300 units of Follistim
10.   Saturday evening, November 1 – 300 units of Follistim
11.   Sunday morning, November 2 – 300 units of Follistim
12.   Sunday evening, November 2 – 300 units of Follistim
13.   Monday morning, November 3 – 300 units of Follistim
14.   Monday evening, November 3 – 300 units of Follistim
15.   Tuesday morning, November 4 – 300 units of Follistim
16.   Tuesday evening, November 4 – 300 units of Follistim
17.   Wednesday morning, November 5 – 300 units of Follistim
18.   Wednesday morning, November 5 – 250 mcg of Ganirelix – NEW SHOT!!!
19.   Wednesday evening, November 5 – 300 units of Follistim
20.   Thursday morning, November 6 – 300 units of Follistim
21.   Thursday morning, November 6 – 250 mcg of Ganirelix

4 comments:

  1. I love Todd's sense of humor. I actually laughed out loud. What a good sport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dayna, I am so glad you enjoyed that! I knew you would get it. :) I still giggle each time I think of it. He's definitely a good sport.

      Delete
  2. oh.my.word! I was wondering what the title had to do with your post until I got to the end. I literally laughed out loud! bahaha! I'm praying for you and hoping that God uses your testimony and circumstances to draw others closer into Him. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still makes me laugh when I think about it. He's hilarious! I hope He uses me to bring others closer to him, too. Thank you for your continued support!

      Delete