Thursday, September 20, 2012

Breathe, Laura

First of all, I want to say that I’m so sorry that it’s hard to leave comments on this blog.  I don’t know why that is.  I’m going to try to research it to see if there is a trick.  However, I truly appreciate the comments I have received.  I love you guys!!  It’s so fun to know that a few of you are reading this and enjoying our journey as much as we are.  (If you aren’t enjoying it, don’t tell me.  I like to pretend.)

I know I started this blog to document our trip through IVF.  However, right now, there isn’t much to tell.  I have a bone density scan this afternoon.  It’s supposed to be pretty quick and super easy.  I don’t even have to get undressed.  Finally, a doctor that doesn’t want to see me naked!  ;-)  The only rule is to wear comfy clothes with as little metal as possible.  Check and check!!

However, I did want to write today about our night last night.  Something hilarious happened.  I bet you’re dying to hear what, right?  Well, I’m going to build up to it…Laura style (which equals long-winded).

There are two things that you learn pretty quickly when you get to know me:
1.      I love to dance!  I dance a lot.  No, I should rephrase; I dance in public a lot.  Todd doesn’t love it.  He’s always telling me to stop when people are around.  I think it’s because he can’t hear the music in my head; otherwise, he’d be dancing with me.  I always tell him that he should be grateful for my lack of inhibitions about dancing because people look at him and think, “Oh, how sweet.  He stayed with her even after her head injury.”  J  See?  Silver lining.
2.      I talk a lot…and really fast when I’m excited about something.  I didn’t realize how bad it was until earlier this year.  I went to visit my cousin, Bradette, in Kansas City.  It was just the two of us all weekend, shopping for new furniture for her amazing apartment.  Anyway, at one point, she said, “Have you always talked this much?!”  Ha!  I’ve been a lot more conscious of my talking since then, but it doesn’t usually stop me.  You should hear me after a 5-hour energy has kicked in.  Todd says that when I get on one of my story tangents, he just thinks to himself that I have to stop at some point to breathe.  Oh, such funny people in my life.
Anyway, those two points come together to lead to the next part of the story.  I LOVE TO TALK ABOUT DANCE!!!  I started taking an adult dance class from my old dance teacher, Patti Parrish.  It’s like going home.  I didn’t realize how much I missed organized dance.  AND, it’s completely different to me now that I’m an adult.  I appreciate it so much more.  The things we do are so familiar because I grew-up doing them week after week, but now, I feel like I have a different understanding and appreciation for the stretches and steps.  Don’t even get me started on how much I love Miss Patti!!  I’m going to dedicate an entire blog to her soon, but I’m working on it.  J

SO, back on track.  I got home last night and was revisiting the entire 2 hours of dance class with Todd.  I know he has to love every story and watching me show him what I learned that night.  (By the way, if anyone has a suggestion for how to practice tap dances at home without ruining your taps or your floors, I would love to hear.)  I was so into my story as we moved into the bedroom.  Todd was on his side of the bed, checking his phone, of course.  I crawled up on the bed on my knees, completely consumed with the story I was telling.  Then, I went to sit back on my rear, Indian-style.  However, I was too close to the edge of the bed, and my rear literally went right over.  I hit the floor, catching myself with my right cheek and right hand.  Absolutely nothing stopped my fall.  It happened so fast.  When I realized I hadn’t broken anything, I immediately told Todd that I was fine, so he wouldn’t panic.  Then, we laughed.  We laughed, and we laughed.  It’s really one of those moments that you probably should have been there.  However, you just have to imagine this chatter box going on and on and on, climbing up on the bed, and literally falling backwards off the side.  It reminds me of that scene in Cruel Intentions when Ryan Phillipe pushes the girl off him, and she just rolls off the bed.  Very close visual there!  Silver lining…Todd found a way to shut me up.  J

Happy Thursday, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't have to be there, apparently, I just laughed out loud!!! Glad you are OK though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also rather delighted that I finally accomplished a comment on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm proud of you, Bradette! Sorry it was such a pain. Stupid Blogger!!

      Delete
  3. Ok, I am finding that I can imply comment when other people have commented. I can't be the first one. Any hints?

    ReplyDelete