Saturday, June 6, 2015

IVF Cycle 5 - Lost Blood Work & Ultrasounds

Monday, May 11, 2015
This has been kind of a wild few days.
 
Friday, I went to Dr. Nilson’s office for a blood draw.  Simple enough, right?!  Nope.  Substitute phlebotomist = no good news.  First of all, I had to tell her what I was there for.  Then, she didn’t know which vial to use.  Next, she told me that they couldn’t have my results back that day.  Hormotional Laura almost came out at that point, but I kept my cool.  I calmly explained to her that Dr. Nilson has retrieved these results the same day in the past.  She said she would call the coordinator, Cora, and get it worked out.  I didn’t trust the situation, so I had the receptionist check with Cora before I left.
 
And then, the results were never returned…until today.  You know what happened today?  I had a new estradiol blood draw that negated the results from Friday.  Dr. Ahlering basically had to guess on what my protocol should have been over the weekend.  Not cool at all.  Hormotional Laura cried in Dr. Nilson’s office today as she explained to Cora and Nilson how things should not have been like this.  For the record, I’m not sure either of them really cared.  Dr. Nilson tried to explain to me that those results weren’t that important.  I didn’t fall for that malarkey.
 
I had my blood drawn this morning at St. Francis Hospital in order to make sure I didn’t have to wait for anything.
 
Dr. Nilson did my ultrasound this morning, and it was just okay results.  It seems I have 9 follicles on the left ovary that are growing very well.  I have only 3 on the right ovary that are not growing very well.  Based on these results, I will not be leaving for St. Louis on Wednesday morning.  Instead, I will return to Dr. Nilson’s office for another ultrasound on Wednesday.  Todd will be home on Thursday, so I get to drive with him to St. Louis that day.  The flight and car rental that we booked ahead of time are going to not be needed.
 
That’s about all there is for an update on the cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment