Saturday, November 23, 2013

Operation: Embaby Pick-Up

7:00 a.m. Update:
It's 7am.  Do you know where your babies are?  Because we do!  We are headed to pick them up.  We are about 30 minutes from the hospital in Oklahoma City.  So excited!  Jason Mraz keeping us in song.  What a great morning.

7:30 a.m. Update:
Hello, Integris Baptist Hospital.  We've missed you!

Early bird gets the worm?!  We beat the doctors here!!

I'm wearing my anchor socks to encourage the embabies to anchor down once they get inside!

I have a cute date for today...

8:00 a.m. Update:
After waiting only 20 minutes, someone arrived.  My blueberry boy is ready to go into the operating room with me.

8:30 a.m. Update:
Our embabies divided to 14, 9, 5, and 5 cells.  The goal is 8 for the first two and 5 for the last two.  They are discussing transferring 3.  We told them to do it.
Todd is thinking about 3 babies and remaining surprisingly calm!

9:00 a.m. Update:
We transferred 3 embryos.  I'm pregnant until proven otherwise!!
Now, I'm laying with my head below my feet for an hour.  Yawn!
Here's a picture of our two most mature:

11:45 a.m. Update:
Laying in the hotel bed and watching football.  I'm feeling very pregnant and sure it worked this time. ;-)
Sweet friend and sticky thinker, Ashleigh, read that laughing after transfer helps.  Sooo, I am reading my book by Jenny Lawson.  I just read a chapter about zombies, and I think you should all go buy the book and read it now just for that chapter!  I'm serious!  Go, minions!!
In 2 weeks, I'm having a tshirt made that says "Jenny Lawson Impregnated Me."
4:30 p.m. Update:
FaceTime is awesome!  I got to talk to my mom, Bradette, and my sister and her girls.  It made my day!  This is 3-year old, Blakelee.  She's a big girl but kind of little, in her words.  Love her!
And her 5-year old sister, Campbell.  Such sweet girls!

11:00 p.m. Update:
Wow.  Wow.  Wow!  Our Cowboys just upset Baylor.  Never a dull transfer day for the Provences! ;-). I made Todd watch from the office chair, so he wouldn't shake the bed too much. :-)
We will head home sometime tomorrow morning.  Goodnight, sweet embabies!  Get sticky!


  1. Hope you had a safe drive home. Stick sweet embabies!

    1. We did make it home safe. Whew! Thanks for the good wishes!!

  2. I know I'm way behind on this post but how do they transfer the eggs? Do they put them into your uterus? And how? Were you under anesthesia?

    1. Good question! They fertilize the eggs, making them embryos. After they have developed to a certain stage, they transfer them via catheter directly into your uterus. You're awake for the whole thing. It's only moderately uncomfortable. Then, you lay with your head reclined slightly down for an hour. Now, you ARE asleep for the egg retrieval. You don't want to feel that! Does that answer? Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

  3. That doesn't sound fun at all. One of the most painful parts of my biopsy was him trying to get the little tube through my cervix. Apparently my cervix is stubborn and difficult.

    1. Hopefully, they can give you something this time to relax you and the cervix since they know it's difficult. I'm pretty sure they gave me a Valium on my first cycle, but I might be making that up. It lasts about 5 or 10 minutes, so you'll just have to breathe and try to remain calm. I hope it isn't painful for you! The good news is that your husband gets to go in the room with you for this part. :)