Friday, November 22, 2013

Planning Ahead is for the Birds

Countdown:
Transfer – TOMORROW! – How’s that for a change of plans?!


Embaby Status:
·       Day 0: 12 eggs aspirated
·       Day 1: 2 fertilized & divided (2PN stage), 4 fertilized & not divided (1PN stage), 2 undergoing ICSI today
·       Day 2: 2 divided into 5 cells, 2 fertilized & divided (2PN stage)

Well, we have had a major change of plans.  Transfer is tomorrow. 
·       The 2 that were thriving yesterday have continued to thrive and are now at 5 cells.  The goal is to have them at 3, 4, or 5 cells.
·       The 4 that were slow (at 1PN yesterday) have not divided, so they’re goners.
·       The 2 that were ICSIed yesterday are at the 2PN stage today, which is thriving.  They will continue to watch these.  If both divide by tomorrow, they’ll watch them until it’s time to freeze them in a few more days.  If only 1 divides by tomorrow, they’ll transfer it with the other 2 strong ones, so I’ll get a 3-embryo transfer.

We could end up with 3 embryos!!!  If you don’t know how many babies 3 embryos can turn into, the answer is 6.  SIX!!!  The chances are small, but it’s not impossible.  That’s insane and so exciting and so overwhelming and so scary!  My dad just told me that if we get 6 babies, they’re moving to Texas.  J

They actually prefer to transfer on day 3 because it gets them back in their natural environment sooner.  However, they do 5-day transfers to see if they can tell which ones are the strongest when you have lots still growing.  We don’t have lots still growing, so they know which ones are the strongest.  Like my cousin, Bradette, said, I’m the best incubator there is.  Our dear friend, Samantha, did a 3-day transfer and had a successful cycle, so this is good news.

Also, I figured out why I’m so sore.  Here’s my conversation with Todd:
Me:  I just asked Mary Kathryn about my soreness.  She said that they used a different needle this time [on my retrieval] and I had a considerable amount of bleeding.
Todd:  I know.  Dr. Bundren told me that he had to get really close to a blood vessel on one side, and it bled.  They had to apply pressure for 6 or 7 minutes.
Me:  Well, that explains my discomfort!
Todd:  This is the 4th time I have told you.
Me:  Hmmm, well, maybe my anesthesia has finally worn off.

Therefore, I had some abnormal bleeding during my retrieval, which is causing my pain.  MK said it’s nothing to worry about and to take some Ibuprofen.  She always knows the right thing to say to me!

I’m pretty anxious for tomorrow.  I hope everything goes well!  I’ll be doing regular updates throughout the day.  Bring on my embabies!!

And Go Pokes!  J

Shot Scoreboard:
1.       Sunday morning – 225IU Follistim
2.       Sunday evening – 225IU Repronex in 1cc sodium chloride
3.       Monday morning – 225IU Follistim
4.       Monday evening – 225IU Repronex in 1cc sodium chloride
5.       Tuesday morning – 225IU Follistim
6.       Tuesday evening – 225IU Repronex in 1cc sodium chloride
7.       Wednesday morning – 225IU Follistim
8.       Wednesday evening – 225IU Repronex in 1cc sodium chloride
9.       Thursday morning – 225IU Follistim
10.   Thursday evening – 225IU Repronex in 1cc sodium chloride
11.   Friday morning – 225IU Follistim
12.   Friday evening – 225IU Repronex in 1cc sodium chloride
13.   Saturday morning – 250mcg Ganirelix
14.   Saturday evening – 375IU Repronex in 1cc sodium chloride
15.   Sunday morning – 250mcg Ganirelix
16.   Sunday evening – 375IU Repronex in 1cc sodium chloride
17.   Monday morning – 250mcg Ganirelix
18.   Monday evening – Pregnyl, hCG trigger shot
19.   Wednesday evening – 0.5cc Progesterone
20.   Thursday evening – 0.5cc Progesterone

2 comments:

  1. This made me smile, BIG! Good luck tomorrow..this has got to be it! I will be watching for your updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chelsea! We are so excited that we are already packed and in bed!

      Delete