Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Making Baby Provence...Literally

Headed to Oklahoma City with my Easter socks (since we are harvesting eggs today) for Dr. Bundren.  Think he will like them?!

UPDATE: (10:20 am)
We are in OKC at the doctor.  In the waiting room, the TV is showing "Miami Vice" the movie.  Not very relaxing. ;-)

UPDATE: (11:25 am)
Finally, getting ready for the first procedure!

UPDATE: (11:45 am)
Trying to relax with the first patient.

Got this from Samantha.  Cracks me up! Especially since Todd and I are both having procedures.

UPDATE: (12:00 pm)
Todd went back at about 12.  They only have one operating room, so I will be right after.  Dr. B just came back to check on me, again.  He liked my socks...score!  He's in a super chipper mood.  I love him!!

Also, Amber and Brad, two of Dr. Bundren's patients that we met at his office, were in the next curtain to us.  We opened the curtains and visited.  She's doing great post-op, so I feel good about that.

UPDATE: (12:40 pm)
THEY GOT SPERM!!!

UPDATE: (3:54 pm)
They retrieved 9 eggs and 500,000 sperm!  We were able to freeze 3 vials of sperm.  That's awesome!

Todd's process was pretty awful.  The numbing shots never really worked, and our nurse kept apologizing to him.  He did get this great ice pack to take home, though.

The first sperm they aspirated had no motility.  However, they were able to add some medication to wake those boys.  That didn't stop Dr. Miller.  He kept going and found another spot with no sperm.  Finally, he hit a third spot with very awake sperm, so he was very pleased with the results!

My procedure was a cinch.  Before I went under, I told Dr. Bundren to knock me out and knock me up.  I could tell from his eyes that he was smiling under the mask.  

We are at Cracker Barrel, now.  I feel fine except for being sleepy.  Todd is walking like an old man. :)

We are blessed beyond words!

10 comments:

  1. Let's hope Dr. Bundren is still smiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was smiling all day! He was in a great mood. He made me a lot more calm.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck today!!! Be careful on the drive back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chelsea! All went great, as you can see. :) We made it home very safe, too.

      Delete
  3. Yippee! Hoping for another great update soon!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it's going great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Tears in my eyes* I'm so happy and excited for you!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Isn't it awesome?! I'm going to try to write back to you today. Hugs!!

      Delete
  6. You guys crack me up and make me cry at the same time. I was telling Mimi your news this morning, and of course, she teared up. Hope Todd is moving better today. Thank you, Todd. So happy.
    Has anyone checked the "oven" today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you and Mimi are so invested in us. It means a lot to me to have your support. I love you to the moon and back 77 times!!

      Delete