Friday, May 24, 2013

OUCH!

Countdown:
Pregnancy test – 10 days!

Last night, I decided to apply heat to the injection site before we did my Progesterone shot.  Bad idea!!  It was the worst shot I have ever had.  Maybe I’m exaggerating a little, but it was the worst one I’ve had in a very, very, very long time.  I won’t make that mistake, again.  However, it is nice to have Todd help with the massaging after I do the heat after the shot!  That was a nice, new change last night.

Other than that, everything is status quo.  I’m feeling pretty great physically and of course, still emotionally euphoric!  Todd is still on the mend but getting better every day.

I can’t believe I haven’t been doing a countdown on here for the pregnancy test.  I have one in my head, but maybe it’s that I’m trying not to dwell on it too much.  ???  Regardless, I added one today!  J  Ten days does seem forever away, but at least the kids will be here to distract me.  (Ashleigh, want me to send one of them to Houston to help distract you?  J)

Most likely, I won’t do any blogging this weekend.  We don’t plan to receive anymore news or updates from Dr. Bundren’s office, so there won’t be much to tell.

I hope everyone takes time this weekend to remember those that have gone before us.  Our family always goes to the cemetery in Sand Springs to visit the graves of my grandparents and unfortunately, a few friends.  Happy Memorial Day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. As you learned the hard way... NO HEAT BEFORE! If anything a little ice, but heat brings blood to the area, so you were asking for pain ;) sorry I know it hurts. Try to vary the area (within the smiley faces) as much as you can, otherwise unfortunately it's just "part of the fun"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, I guarantee someone has told me before not to heat before the shot. I'm just glad to know that's why it hurt, and it's not just the new norm. Whew! I'm pretty sure Todd goes for the exact same bruise everytime. :) I'm going to tell him to try to move it around a little. Thanks for the tips!!

      Delete
  2. I took my test 10 days post transfer...just sayin :) Trigger shot is out so you wont get a false positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish Dr. Bundren did it that soon, but he's making us wait until 14 days post transfer. Oh, well. I'm learning patience! :)

      Delete