Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Updates Begin

Countdown:
Transfer – 4 days!


Embaby Status:
Day 0:  9 eggs aspirated
Day 1:  5 embabies with 2 pro-nuclei and 1 embaby with 1 pro-nucleus
Mary Kathryn just called. We have 5 embabies with 2 pro-nuclei and 1 embaby with 1 pro-nucleus. That's good news. It means we have a possibility of having 6 embabies (embryos) on Monday. They have to develop 2 pro-nuclei in order to be considered viable. One of the eggs was too immature to fertilize, and the other 2 just didn’t fertilize. Like I said in my earlier post, it’s normal. This is a great report for day 1!

Tomorrow, we will be looking for cell division to occur.

God is good, and so are these doctors!!

UPDATE:
I know it seems a little confusing.  I just wanted to put a site on here that really helps with all of this information…especially for my mom that likes research as much as I do:  http://www.ivf.net/ivf/embryo-development-o2591.html.  Our embabies are at the 2PN (2 pronuclei) stage.   Five of them look like this:
Our Embabies
Also, we had to go through ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection).  It’s where they inject one single sperm directly inside of each egg.  It looks like this:
Fertilizing the Eggs via ICSI
What other questions has my blog made you ask?  I want to make sure I have all of the details on here.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment