Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Shot Free Tuesday!!

Countdown:
Retrieval – T.O.M.O.R.R.O.W!!!
Transfer – 6 days!

I have to say that I’m getting a little nervous.  I’ve had butterflies in my stomach all afternoon, and I hope my massage tonight will calm those.  I’m not really nervous about the procedure or if it will hurt.  I’m more nervous about the outcome.  The only thing I can do now is continue to pray…and not eat after midnight.  J

As for how I’m feeling, physically, I’m great.  I have definitely felt a little more pressure each day, but it’s not been near what I had expected.  I thought that by this point, I would be begging Dr. B to aspirate my follies.  Mentally, I’m still euphoric with a side of nerves.  J  I’ll be great in 24 hours!

Last night, I did my Ganirelix shot at 9:45pm.  Easy breezy.  Then, we had to set an alarm for 1am to do the trigger shot.  I was in a deep sleep when that alarm sounded, and it felt so good.  It was the first good couple of hours of sleep I have had in a week.  When the alarm went off, it took me a minute to figure out what it was for.  Once I remembered, I thought to myself that I didn’t need to wake Todd for this.  Wrong.  You can’t give yourself an intramuscular shot, dumbie.    I reluctantly woke him, zombie-walked to the kitchen, injected the shot, and crawled back into bed.  It wasn’t too bad, so I was happy about that.  Today, there are no shots!  Yippee!!  Tomorrow, we start the Progesterone shot.

One thing I was really concerned about when starting this process was weight gain.  Now, I know everyone is different, but I must have done something right.  I didn’t gain anything in the last 9 days.  However, I have definitely gained a couple of inches in my mid-section where my ovaries are bursting at the seams J but I did not gain pounds.  I’ll take that.

So, tomorrow is the big day.  Todd has to be there at 10:30am for an 11am appointment.  The office is in Oklahoma City, so we’ll leave here around 8:30am.  I don’t check-in until 11:30am, so I’ll make sure to have a book with me.  They will attempt to aspirate his sperm.  I won’t go into those details, but it is likely to be very uncomfortable.  He’s opted for the local anesthetic but may opt for a general if the process gets too bad.  I will definitely be put under general anesthesia, so I’m pretty pumped for that nap tomorrow.

As long as Todd doesn’t require any general anesthesia, we’ll return tomorrow night to go to work on Thursday.  Boo!  I may or may not feel like writing tomorrow, but as soon as I hear something about the embryo quality, I’ll post.

Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers.  They are really appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Nervous will not do today. Remember, Believe. Let your momma do the worrying. And tell Todd to slow down. He is carrying a LOT of my precious cargo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I told him, Mom. He said, "Thank you, Mrs. Backseat Driver." :)

      (I tried to post this yesterday, but it won't let me comment from my phone.)

      Delete