Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Status Quo

Countdown:
Retrieval – 8 days!
Transfer – 13 days!

Not much to report.  We did the evening Menopur shot last night with no drama, and I did the morning Follistim shot today without an audience.  J 

I did learn that standing to give myself these shots is more painful than sitting.  I’m not talking about the pain in the injection site.  I’m talking about the pain from my pectoral muscles cramping.  It was a strange sensation that I’d never had before, but it was pretty funny.  I’d just about be ready to insert the needle into my leg when the muscle would start to seize.  Oh, the lessons.  J  Anyway, sitting makes it much easier to reach since these are going on the side of my upper thigh. 

Also, doing the Follistim slowly keeps it from burning.  I tried to speed it up, and I learned why some girls say it burns.  It’s not as bad as the Menopur, though.  I’m still surprised how tiny and easy that Follistim needle is to use.  I wish my allergy shots were the same. 

The Menopur shot still burns no matter how slow you go, but it’s not unbearable. 

I’m not having any side effects, yet.  I’m still euphoric, so that’s great news! 

I started drinking my Gatorade and V8 yesterday.  Did I mention that already?  On top of 100 ounces of water, I’m drinking 20 ounces of Gatorade and 12 ounces of V8.  Hope that’s enough!

Oh, I did get a massage last night.  It’s the third one in four weeks.  I love my masseuse.  I did a check-in on Facebook when I got to her that I want to share.  I’m pretty proud of it.  J  It's to the tune of Julie Andrews' "My Favorite Things":
Getting massages and cuddling with Toddy.
Chatting with mother and weather that not hotty.
Closing the gap on a big goal this Spring.
These are a few of my favorite things!
Fun, huh? J 

Todd cleaned the kitchen, cooked dinner, and did laundry while I was at work yesterday.  He's seriously the best!  I can't decide if his pampering or my massages are the best part of IVF, but I feel lucky to have both of them.
 
Basically, all is status quo, and I couldn’t be happier!  Until tomorrow…

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Provences, we are getting really excited. Another little one (or two) to hold, kiss, teach, and love!

    ReplyDelete